The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) offers competitive scholarships to students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research. The program offers:
· Scholarship support
· Paid research training at the NIH during the summer
· Paid employment and training at the NIH after graduation
The NIH Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis based on the following basic requirements:
· U.S. citizen, national, or qualified noncitizen.
· Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student for the 2012-2013 academic year at an accredited, 4-year undergraduate institution.
· High school seniors are not eligible to apply.
· 3.5 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale) or within the top 5 percent of your class.
· From a disadvantaged background. Disadvantaged background means that your financial aid office has certified you as having “exceptional financial need.” (Federal Register, Vol. 76, No. 51)
Application Deadline: February 1, 2012!!
To apply please go to the application center: https://www.training.nih.gov/programs/ugsp/appcenter