- Open only to college-bound graduating high school seniors and students currently enrolled in college (U.S. students only).
- Limited to one entry per student. Attempts at multiple essay entries or invalid information will result in disqualification.
- Plagiarism on any part of the essay will result in immediate disqualification. Don’t do it.
HOW TO WIN:
Select one of the two topics listed below, then write a responsive essay, 500 word minimum and 1000 word maximum. Writing more than the minimum requirement does not necessarily increase your chances! Submit your essay by July 31st before 5 p.m. EST. Contestants will be evaluated on the quality and clarity of the ideas presented in their essay.
- If you could learn any new language, what would it be and why?
- Which country has had the greatest impact on American culture and why?
Email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org attached as a Microsoft Word document (a .doc file). Please name your document file with your first and last name. For example: firstname_lastname.doc.
In the email, include:
- Phone Number
- City and State
- College you’re attending, plan to attend or have applied for admission
The scholarship recipient will be selected and notified directly by August 15th and announced on this page.
For more information, please visit http://www.pimsleurapproach.com/language-learning-scholarship/